» plastic vs metal vents

Post subject: plastic vs metal vents
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:31 am 

Post liked: 9 times
Liked posts: 16 times
whats everyones opinion on plastic vents. company i work for and every other company in the city puts plastic vents on everything. i see plastic attic air vents broken all the time. we see heavy snowfall and cold temps. any jobs i do on the side i always get the home owner to buy metal especially on a 30 or 40 year shingle. does anyone else have this prob or is it a waste of money just go with plastic thnax

Post subject: Re: plastic vs metal vents
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:53 am 

Post liked: 1 time
Liked posts: 0 time
Roofer Jay wrote:
whats everyones opinion on plastic vents. company i work for and every other company in the city puts plastic vents on everything. i see plastic attic air vents broken all the time. we see heavy snowfall and cold temps. any jobs i do on the side i always get the home owner to buy metal especially on a 30 or 40 year shingle. does anyone else have this prob or is it a waste of money just go with plastic thnax
I prefer alluminum vents,easy determine light hail.Plastic, only for light vents

ImageImage

Last edited by Blacksquare on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:09 am 

Post liked: 334 times
Liked posts: 366 times
I also like the aluminum slant backs not to crazy about the RV51's.I like them for hail detection,but if the hail was 50 cents or bigger it would not matter anyway.I have been putting on so much ridge vent though.Closing the holes from those junk-a** turbines.But thats my opinion.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:36 am 

Post liked: 0 time
Liked posts: 10 times
i just hope some type of metal or beauty shingle was install where that black 3 tab roof ended in the picture???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:08 pm 

Post liked: 1 time
Liked posts: 0 time
Max Baxter Roofing wrote:
i just hope some type of metal or beauty shingle was install where that black 3 tab roof ended in the picture???
Agree,from outside looks wrd,but from inside,light and no elect.Spesial offer,plastic light and solar vents.

ImageImage