» New IKO Class Action Lawsuit In The News

Post new topic Reply to topic               Roofing Business Talk Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Post subject: New IKO Class Action Lawsuit In The News
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:41 am 

Post liked: 1 time
Liked posts: 0 time
First, I found out about a Michigan Class Action Suit.....

An attorney firm filed a lawsuit, putting together a Class Action suit on behalf of Michigan residents.

http://www.ikoshingleslawsuit.com/archives/63

Also, 2 other States are now involved.....

Court Documents
Below are some documents that we have filed with the court regarding the class action lawsuits against IKO shingles.

COMPLAINTS: A Complaint is the document that initiates a lawsuit. We have filed Complaints in across the United States alleging that IKO shingles are defective and homeowners are entitled to be paid to replace their damaged IKO shingles.

Complaint: Michigan
Complaint: New Jersey
Complaint: New York

Ed

Michigan residents file class action lawsuit against IKO Shingles

Posted in April 30, 2009 ¬ 3:35 pmh.adminNo Comments »

Halunen & Associates, along with partner law firms, has initiated a class action lawsuit against IKO shingles on behalf of Michigan residents. The Complaint alleges that IKO designed, manufactured, and sold defective shingles to homeowners in Michigan. The shingles at issue in the case are curling, cracking, falling off buildings, rapidly deteriorating, and otherwise not performing as promised. The lawsuit further alleges that IKO did not take the appropriate steps to remedy the situation. The lawsuit seeks damages for the cost of replacing the defective shingles, labor, disposal and other related expenses. This lawsuit is filed in the State of Illinois, the one of the places that IKO manufactures shingles.

You can read a copy of the Complaint.

Halunen & Associates is in the process of filing similar lawsuits nation-wide in order to asssit homeowners in recoving costs associated with repairing their roofs as a result of IKO’s allegedly defective shingle products. Contact us to tell our office if you have any problems with your IKO shingles.

Court Documents, NewsCourt Documents, iko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:02 am 

Post liked: 0 time
Liked posts: 3 times
thanks for that ed.... looks like my trust in my suppliers word just went out the window!

We put on a combination of certainteed, gaf/elk, oc and IKO... looks like we will be cutting back to 3 out of 4 of those now!

Problems with your claim?!?! We can help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:30 pm 

Liked posts: 27 times
this does not supprise me. Iko's are not well liked in Massachusetts either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:51 am 

Post liked: 50 times
Liked posts: 62 times
Ed,
I take it your not installing them. I recall a while back you mentioned you attended one of their seminars with Grumpy and were considering trying them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:24 am 

Post liked: 1 time
I used them for 25% of one roof that a new home owner was buying and would finish off the rest of the roof with the same if and when they call to have the roof finished.

They could only afford to do the section that I failed during an FHA Inspection at that time though.

Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:45 am 

Might just have to replace the whole thing if it goes longer than a few years :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:17 am 

wasnt there some sought of law suit against PABCO? Dont know about then, but now i find them such an awsm shingle!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:08 pm 

Liked posts: 1 time
If you look hard enough I think you will find almost every manufacturer has had a class action lawsuit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:15 pm 

Does anyone know about how long ago these shingles that are budding this lawsuit were installed?
I have been considering trying IKO recently based on price, but I guess most of the time you get what you pay for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:13 pm 

Liked posts: 41 times
rooferj, your right but the damn general contractors luv em & keep buyin em!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:38 pm 

Liked posts: 27 times
most of the lumber yards of already got rid of them.
too many problems and they dont handle them very well.

Post subject: IKO are junk
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:56 am 

Anybody that buys these are just in it for the money.IKO are junk . The guys that buy these shingles are also useing .99 cent tar in a tube. They do not care about what they are doing or the custormers they are doing the work for. Watch out america dont buy from canada.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:28 pm 

Liked posts: 1 time
Sanroof is correct, every major manufacturer has probably had a class action at one time or another, and not just in the roofing industry. From what I found, the law firm trying to initiate the class action against IKO has also done the same to other majour manufacturers. Class actions are like a retirement fund for these lawyers when/if they get settled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:54 pm 

Post liked: 271 times
Liked posts: 572 times
We've used a fair amount of IKO. I see nothing obviously wrong or defective with their product. I've asked our roofing crew about them multiple times and they have no issues with them. They have over 70+ years of roofing experience so I trust their judgement.

We're using Certainteed and OC a lot right now, they both seem to be high quality product. But Certainteed has had some issues in the past as has GAF.

Fairly wide brush you're painting with there thorroofer with several of your statements. Rather foolish really.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:12 am 

Authentic_Dad wrote:
We've used a fair amount of IKO. I see nothing obviously wrong or defective with their product. I've asked our roofing crew about them multiple times and they have no issues with them. They have over 70+ years of roofing experience so I trust their judgement.

We're using Certainteed and OC a lot right now, they both seem to be high quality product. But Certainteed has had some issues in the past as has GAF.

Fairly wide brush you're painting with there thorroofer with several of your statements. Rather foolish really.

I have many Certainteed Custom Sealdon 30 roofs failing right now. At the time of installation I thought they were a good quality shingle. I've learned you can't judge how a product will perform based on how it feels out of the package.