» Looking for an Honest Roofer in Dallas - No Illegal Aliens

Post new topic Reply to topic               Roofing Business Talk Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:00 am
Posts: 4
Post liked: 0 time
Liked posts: 0 time
"BillyB" is short for Billy Bruce. You can email me if you want at Billydbruce@hotmail.com.

I assure you I am not a roofer and that my posting is factual.


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 272
Post liked: 1 time
Liked posts: 11 times
Thank you for the clarification Mr. Bruce.

The D in your email account doesn't stand for Davis does it?

The reason I am asking is that there is a R & C Davis Roofing in Midlothian TX with the exact same phone number. The phone number could be old but.. again it could be another coincidence.

I apoligize if I offended you. Just putting the facts on the table.


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:00 am
Posts: 4
Post liked: 0 time
Liked posts: 0 time
No offense taken. I welcome the opportunity to defend myself. I have nothing to hide.

The roofing contract I signed had the following name and address printed on the letterhead:

Raymond Davis Roofing & Construction
1950 E. HWY. 287
Midlothian, Texas 76065
972-723-2733

Mr. Best explained to me that his father (Raymond Davis) had recently passed away and that Mr. Best had just taken over the business. We only spoke briefly about the circumstances surrounding Mr. Davis' passing but I had no reason to doubt William's story. I suppose someone could legitimately ask why Mr. Davis' son had a different last name and I don't know the answer to that.

I did just run a quick search in the local Midlothian paper obituaries and I found the following page. Copy the link below and paste in a browser window and you will see my story checks out. "... He owned Davis Roofing for over 30 years...".

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/shared- ... ntent&l=20

The bottom line is that this company did a great job for me, and as a satisfied customer, I simply wanted to put a good word in for them.


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 272
Post liked: 1 time
Liked posts: 11 times
Thanks again for the clarification.

My condolences to the Davis/Best families.


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:48 am
Posts: 2038
Post liked: 0 time
Liked posts: 27 times
God Bless You sir ! I also will live and die by my principals on this subject. ALL my employees are white American's . Although I am not opposed to hiring a LEGAL American citizen of hispanic or any other heritage. These bottom feeders are all over the country.

_________________
WWW.jbennetteroofing.com


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 925
Location: florida
Post liked: 128 times
Liked posts: 36 times
Its times like these that make me wish i wasnt "white"

sigh.

And i dont think God blesses too many people that make decisions based on someones skin pigment.

Quite the opposite...


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: Wisconsin
Post liked: 25 times
Liked posts: 63 times
Roof Lover why is that? Because of what RooferJ said? The last job I got the homeowner said one of the main reasons he chose me is that we have an all legal english speaking crew. They all happen to be white. Not because I havent hired legal citizens of all races, but because it seems they work the hardest.

I do not care about your race, your religion, your gender. The only thing I care about is your maturity, your attitude, your work ethic, your legal status and if you happen to speak 15 languages awesome, but make sure one of them is English.

This homeowners search for a contractor shows the problem in this country. If no contractors hired illegals, there would be enough work for the 5 percent of legit contractors to make them millions.


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 925
Location: florida
Post liked: 128 times
Liked posts: 36 times
BAMBAMM5144 wrote:
he chose me is that we have an all legal english speaking crew.


You use rasicm as part of your sales pitch.
Thats wonderfull.

Quote:
but because it seems they work the hardest.


its so natural for you, you dont even see it..

I have a great joke you can use on your next estimate.
I heard it from a compititor whom i am sure uses it on every call. You can too.

You know what your roof and your women have in common?
What?
They both have a large chance of being laid by a mexican.

Use this joke. It will help you sell jobs.
Also you will be surely blessed by God.


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: Wisconsin
Post liked: 25 times
Liked posts: 63 times
First off, that joke is old. YEARS old.

Secondly, I enjoy how you shorten the quote of what I actually said in order to bend the meaning to support your statement. The actual quote was "The last job I got the homeowner said one of the main reasons he chose me is that we have an all legal english speaking crew."

Thirdly, that homeowner saw me working on his neighbors house a few down. Thus meaning he saw the crew. Never did I say "I told the guy that I have an all legal english speaking crew," which is actually not racist in any sense of the word but rather means that I have only legally documented employees who understand the choosen language of the land. I am sure the homeowner wanted to be able to speak to any employee at any given time of his project.

Lastly the "but because they work the hardest" quote you used, I do not understand at all what you mean by it. If you work hard you get paid. If you do not like hard labor work, McDonalds is hiring.

P.S Dont deflame someones character you do not know especially by picking and choosing parts of what was said to use for your argument. With how defensive you became, I could easily claim that you must hire and exlpoit illegal work forces thus cheating the government,the construction industry and your own morals...assuming you have any.


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 925
Location: florida
Post liked: 128 times
Liked posts: 36 times
BAMBAMM5144 wrote:
Quote:
First off, that joke is old. YEARS old.

Ahh, i see you know the joke so well.
The joke is so old, you got tired of using it.

Quote:
Secondly, I enjoy how you shorten the quote of what I actually said in order to bend the meaning to support your statement. The actual quote was "The last job I got the homeowner said one of the main reasons he chose me is that we have an all legal english speaking crew."


Shortening your quote did not change its meaning in any way.

Quote:
Thirdly, that homeowner saw me working on his neighbors house a few down. Thus meaning he saw the crew. Never did I say "I told the guy that I have an all legal english speaking crew," which is actually not racist in any sense of the word but rather means that I have only legally documented employees who understand the choosen language of the land. I am sure the homeowner wanted to be able to speak to any employee at any given time of his project.


How could the homeowner neighbor tell that all your workers were "legal" from down the street?
Wow, he must be special.
As special as you are..

Quote:
Lastly the "but because they work the hardest" quote you used, I do not understand at all what you mean by it.


of course you dont.


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: Wisconsin
Post liked: 25 times
Liked posts: 63 times
roof-lover wrote:
BAMBAMM5144 wrote:
Quote:
First off, that joke is old. YEARS old.

Ahh, i see you know the joke so well.
The joke is so old, you got tired of using it.

Talking with you is nearly impossible. Your claims have no facts behind it. I have not said or even though about that joke for months until you just said it.

Quote:
Secondly, I enjoy how you shorten the quote of what I actually said in order to bend the meaning to support your statement. The actual quote was "The last job I got the homeowner said one of the main reasons he chose me is that we have an all legal english speaking crew."


Shortening your quote did not change its meaning in any way.


Yes it did. Your shortening of the quote made me sound as if I was racist. The actual quote was speaking of what the homeowner told me when speaking of him and asking why he chose me over all the other quote although I was more expensive.

Quote:
Thirdly, that homeowner saw me working on his neighbors house a few down. Thus meaning he saw the crew. Never did I say "I told the guy that I have an all legal english speaking crew," which is actually not racist in any sense of the word but rather means that I have only legally documented employees who understand the choosen language of the land. I am sure the homeowner wanted to be able to speak to any employee at any given time of his project.


How could the homeowner neighbor tell that all your workers were "legal" from down the street?
Wow, he must be special.
As special as you are..

Well lets see, you do not know the area I live in. If you see a bunch of white guys on a roof then a bunch of mexicans on a roof, majority of people will assume that those mexicans are illegal.

Quote:
Lastly the "but because they work the hardest" quote you used, I do not understand at all what you mean by it.


of course you dont.


Once again, makes no sense. Obviously there is something wrong with the way you are thinking today.


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 925
Location: florida
Post liked: 128 times
Liked posts: 36 times
Here, let me add back in the real quote that you say i left out to change the meaning.
Your right, i should have left it in. It only stengthened my arguement ten fold.


"The last job I got the homeowner said one of the main reasons he chose me is that we have an all legal english speaking crew."

Notice the "one of the MAIN reasons" he chose me.

Notice how he did this while just watching you from down the street.

He like what he saw.
Oh, but it didnt have anything to do with the roofing!
It was the great skin color of the workers that got him excited about using you.

"One of the main reasons"...

He could tell from way back yonder that they were all "legal".
He's special like that.

Oh yeah, and dont forget, brown people on the roof, means an automatic assumption of illegality.
nice.


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 1260
Location: Wisconsin
Post liked: 25 times
Liked posts: 63 times
Right. So obviously I am not the racist one but the homeowner may have prejudice feelings. This could be because of the experience he had with the last roofing crew he hired a few years ago when he didnt do enough research. Also since you love to assume things, he didnt watch down the street, he came down and talked to us two different times while working on that house. I am sure once he saw the way we work for the hour he was around, then the research he did on the company, and the questions he asked the 4 other homeowners we did in that same area is what made him excited to work with us. I am sure it wasnt hard for him to tell everyone was legal. Not hard not to.

Also Yes, brown people on the roof does mean an automatic assumption of being illegal. Especially in todays America. I believe 90 percent of roofers would agree with that statement because we all deal with it everyday. With how defensive you are, you must be mexican and taking this all too personally.


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:48 am
Posts: 2038
Post liked: 0 time
Liked posts: 27 times
Hey "roof-lover" I wonder what your crews are ?
Go F yourself you cockroach !

_________________
WWW.jbennetteroofing.com


Top
 Profile  
 
  Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 925
Location: florida
Post liked: 128 times
Liked posts: 36 times
RooferJ wrote:
Hey "roof-lover" I wonder what your crews are ?


Their men Rooferj.
Men who God loves.
God loves all men. red, yellow, black or white.

My men also love God! they are trully blessed with excellent skills and work ethic.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  


Disclaimer

The information and advice provided by the community are for informational purposes only. The site owner and users assume no liability for any errors or misunderstanding in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. Before making any decisions or taking any action, it is recommended that you consult with a local roofing professional or building official. Roofing can be hazardous. Make sure you protect yourself by using all the appropriate safety procedures.