» Eyebrows

Post new topic Reply to topic               Roofing Business Talk Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Post subject: Eyebrows
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:49 pm 

Post liked: 131 times
Liked posts: 264 times
How do you guys charge for eyebrows? Set charge for each one or some other way? Also, how would you deal with difficult ones, such as 2 stories.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Eyebrows
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:01 pm 

Post liked: 280 times
Liked posts: 579 times
Don't get me started on this. I put a line item in and attempt to charge 3 shingles at the individual shingle price for each eyebrow. I've yet to have any of them pay it but what it does do is help with my argument to give us higher waste %. I had one idiot say "It's only a couple of shingles, no big deal" so I asked what he was doing in two weeks so he could come out, get up on the ladder on the 10/12 roof to get the second story eyebrows.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:20 pm 

I was thinking more like $50-75 per eyebrow because our installers tell me what a PITA they are. More for 2-story ones.

How long does it take on average to do one, off and on (not including killing the wasps).

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:34 pm 

Post liked: 334 times
Liked posts: 366 times
A.D your so right,,,,the remarks and replys of "its only",,,"its not",,and "why does it" send me into fury mode.

I charge 2 times as much for Bays and eyebrows and strip rakes which are less than a full shingle from gutter to peak and charge 3 times as much for turrets.The reasons are obvious.Bays and eyebrows and strip rakes require the necessity of working off a ladder.Turrets require ladders and alot of cut work.Not to mention the danger level is greater when working from a ladder over 1 story.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:10 pm 

Post liked: 1 time
Liked posts: 12 times
Service call minimum charge, boys, service call minimum charge. Save yourselves the aggravation of driving out to "bid" a simple repair or service call. It qualifies your prospect on the spot.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:17 pm 

keepitlow wrote:
Service call minimum charge, boys, service call minimum charge. Save yourselves the aggravation of driving out to "bid" a simple repair or service call. It qualifies your prospect on the spot.

WTF are you talking about? This has nothing to do with going out to do a bid. It has to do with Xactimate line item charges.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:24 pm 

Post liked: 1 time
Liked posts: 12 times
Oh! Did not see "Exactimate" anywhere in the thread so I thought this was about someone getting beat down on making a repair on some knucklehead's house and getting the old "why are you trying to charge me so much for 3 shingles?" routine.

BTW, easy with the "WTF," AD. You're better than that.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:52 pm 

Post liked: 124 times
Liked posts: 64 times
misc item - $75 each, minimum charge.

i get my misc items approved all the time. i just take pictures of what needs done (or what i did) that goes beyond the scope of normal roofing, and charge accordingly.

Good work isn't cheap, and cheap work isn't good.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:06 am 

Post liked: 0 time
Liked posts: 0 time
8) Ditto i charge 75 for eyebrows and 20 for returns

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:53 am 

WTF are you talking about? This has nothing to do with going out to do a bid. It has to do with Xactimate line item charges.[/quote]

My bad,,,Dad,,,The O.P SHOULD have been a little more SPECIFIC with his POST.That would be like me posting saying some sh** like,,,,,,How do you charge for 2 layers? and someone saying well I charge by the pitch and me replying by saying some goofy sh** like,,,no I was wanting to know about extra for debris removal and or a carry out.,nothing against you A.D but a huge error in the O.P's part.

Attachments:
images.jpg
images.jpg [ 15.34 KiB | Viewed 1066 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:34 am 

Wow, this thread gets more and more confusing. LOL Roofmaster, I think you got it originally buddy.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:09 am 

No. I meant what do you charge for eyebrows!

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:14 am 

Fuggin Sweet,,,,I just by chance stashed in my arsenal of onslaught a guy who has some insane silly Browzzzzzzz.,,,Feast on Deez Browzz,,,,Demmmz not Browzzz,Dez ur Browz,,,

Attachments:
30licew.jpg
30licew.jpg [ 5.15 KiB | Viewed 1049 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:16 am 

Actually, I was asking about redoing eyebrows for insurance purposes or just plain bidding them for any job. Not necessarily Xactimate, but Xactimate would be included. If I was to price them on a job I was just curious how the rest of you charged for them. I looked at a job today with 13 on it and was thinking it would probably take one guy a good part of a day just to do those. A couple of them are 2 stories up and all of them have gutter screen that has to be removed.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:32 am 

dstew66 wrote:
Actually, I was asking about redoing eyebrows for insurance purposes or just plain bidding them for any job. Not necessarily Xactimate, but Xactimate would be included. If I was to price them on a job I was just curious how the rest of you charged for them. I looked at a job today with 13 on it and was thinking it would probably take one guy a good part of a day just to do those. A couple of them are 2 stories up and all of them have gutter screen that has to be removed.

Some may disagree but I would add 15% on to the proposal.13 eyebrows is time consuming.If they need to be reflashed and aprons which they SHOULD be then its labor intensive.Who cares if you have a couple joe's really good at it,,,charge for it.

Be careful NOT to fall into the shmuck status.Everyone has to work and keep your boy's working but stand your ground.

When I do anything "specialty" I charge for it.Yeah I can remove and replace a typical bay or eyebrow with ease,,,but that chit comes at a cost.

A user likes this :
Agape (Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:27 am)
 Profile Personal album