» Allstate Insurance new formula to Adjust roof

Post new topic Reply to topic               Roofing Business Talk Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Post subject: Allstate Insurance new formula to Adjust roof
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:57 am 

Post liked: 0 time
Liked posts: 0 time
I have been doing insurance work for 3 years and have never had any problems with Allstate with wind damage until the last 3 months they have been turning every roof down for replacement and only want to repair. I meet a adjuster last week and had 109 damaged shingles and 2/3 of the roof had broken seals the roof is 11 years old and the adjuster only wants to patch. I have appeal the last 3 roof with Allstate and they keep telling me they have come up with a new formula on how the are adjusting wind damage. has anyone else had to deal with this problem and what have you done to get them to approve for a new roof replacement.

Post subject: Re: Allstate Insurance new formula to Adjust roof
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:03 am 

Post liked: 16 times
Liked posts: 12 times
Yep. I've had the same issue with them.
Showed the adjuster that the shingles are old enough that the course(s) above the damaged shingles will themselves become damaged in the process.
Just took one demonstration.
Has worked the last three times

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:09 am 

Post liked: 334 times
Liked posts: 366 times
I have noticed some spikes in aggressive wind requirements and stipulations with wind claims.Not too long ago you could simply have broken seal strips and a couple blow offs and have a roof bought.

Once one insurer started strengthening guidelines it seems all are starting to follow.State Farm is the first I had start this.The wind claim requirements changed from broken seals and a few blow offs to creasing,,percentages of slope damage and even more strict is,,,,the shingle that is blown off must contain a tear or uneven area where the nail was placed,,,anything high or circular signifies blow thru,,,improper installation a.k.a mechanical.

Also the nail that is still in the roof that was holding the blow off on must contain particles of the shingle under the nail head.

I am going thru the processes on a 465 sq. Commercial shingle job that was denied for wind because there isn't any creases.

Another thing the insurers are starting to approve as a proper repair process is cleaning the seal strip on the shingles that the seal strips are broken.After cleaning the surface under the shingle and the seal strip.

Once the lap shingle underside is cleaned the insurers feel that the areas affected are now a suitable bonding surface.Adding a couple dabs of sealant will assist in the bonding process.

Also check if the shingles can actually be repaired without causing more damage to the remaining shingles.I have had quite a few approved once that decision has been reached.

If these requirements,restrictions and stipulations are within the policy language then there is little you can do.IMO that is.I am contacting the shingle manufactures directly getting a document stating whether it is or is not a recommended repair/application.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:15 am 

Post liked: 131 times
Liked posts: 264 times
Roofmaster417 wrote:

If these requirements,restrictions and stipulations are within the policy language then there is little you can do.

It's not. Very little of the BS adjusters tell you is actually in the policy.

2 users likes this :
Agape (Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:05 pm), LMB (Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:37 pm)
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:26 am 

Post liked: 334 times
Liked posts: 366 times
dstew66 wrote:
Roofmaster417 wrote:

If these requirements,restrictions and stipulations are within the policy language then there is little you can do.

It's not. Very little of the BS adjusters tell you is actually in the policy.

Hey Dave,,,I am sending you my number in a p.m,,,call me tomorrow if you get a moment.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:48 am 

Post liked: 280 times
Liked posts: 580 times
In my experience in 3 states, Allstate is far and away the most difficult to deal with. I get nauseous every time I see that BS good hands commercial.

2 users likes this :
Agape (Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:05 pm), CatContractor (Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:24 pm)
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:59 am 

Post liked: 11 times
Liked posts: 56 times
Clearly Allstate is having one of their childish "NO, NO, NO!" tantrums that they tend to have every few years. With that said, I have the answer to the new (and clearly widespread) Allstate problem. A fellow company owner advised me that they have started taking Allstate to appraisal on every claim they deny. Each and every one of them get paid for. Then, I ran into another company owner who chuckled and said "Yeah, we have an appraisal request form just for Allstate. Haven't lost one on appraisal yet." A few extra minutes of work, as well as clients who are serious about the service we offer, and Allstate's "peter pullers" (as I call them) are forking over the check.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:20 am 

Liked posts: 1 time
just met with all state today they have turned down all 4 roofs the adjuster for all state took out what looked like a puddie knife slide it under the tab lifted it up 3 inch and said it passed the brittle test he told all the roof he has he has done with this test only one roof has failed the test to be covered for full replacement what a bunch of jerkof there the worst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:13 pm 

Post liked: 1 time
Liked posts: 1 time
If its legitimate to replace the roof use the appraisal process. Alot of time just the letter pushes them to do the right thing!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:00 am 

ReroofGA wrote:
Clearly Allstate is having one of their childish "NO, NO, NO!" tantrums that they tend to have every few years. With that said, I have the answer to the new (and clearly widespread) Allstate problem. A fellow company owner advised me that they have started taking Allstate to appraisal on every claim they deny. Each and every one of them get paid for. Then, I ran into another company owner who chuckled and said "Yeah, we have an appraisal request form just for Allstate. Haven't lost one on appraisal yet." A few extra minutes of work, as well as clients who are serious about the service we offer, and Allstate's "peter pullers" (as I call them) are forking over the check.

I had an adjuster meeting the other day with Allstate and the adjuster wouldn't get on the roof because he said it was to steep. He gave me his camera and had me take pictures, There were 28 damaged or missing tabs and 15 that were face nailed by the HO himself. The HO also had interior damage due to a roof leak. The adjuster looked at the pics and said he would pay for a repair. I couldn't believe it, I asked what was needed for a full replacement and he refused to answer.

What does taking Allstate to appraisal mean? I googled it and have a good idea but I couldn't find an appraisal template that I could send to them. Any advice?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:01 pm 

I would like to thank all who has replied to this subject. Is there anyone that can tell me where i can get the forms or who i need to contact to start the appraisal processes against Allstate for my customers in Alabama

Post subject: Re: Allstate Insurance new formula to Adjust roofs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:29 pm 

All the form needs to say is that the homeowner acknowledges that they are unsatisfied with the adjuster's decision and they would like to invoke the appraisal clause of their policy. Furthermore, they have selected you as their third party representation.

PS, I am taking donations for "Allstate Sucks" billboards. Maybe throw some bullet points of how they do business up there, and stick one on every main highway in GA. Of course I will need to form a new LLC to do it, so they can sue away and not get a red cent. :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:05 am 

ReroofGA wrote:
All the form needs to say is that the homeowner acknowledges that they are unsatisfied with the adjuster's decision and they would like to invoke the appraisal clause of their policy. Furthermore, they have selected you as their third party representation.

PS, I am taking donations for "Allstate Sucks" billboards. Maybe throw some bullet points of how they do business up there, and stick one on every main highway in GA. Of course I will need to form a new LLC to do it, so they can sue away and not get a red cent. :P

Do we fax the form into the regular 800 fax number that I send my completion statements to? Thanks for the help. I have another Allstate meeting Monday AM.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:35 am 

Post liked: 280 times
Liked posts: 580 times
JElder wrote:
ReroofGA wrote:

Do we fax the form into the regular 800 fax number that I send my completion statements to? Thanks for the help. I have another Allstate meeting Monday AM.

I think you should be clear on something. The HO is the party filing for appraisal. The Contractor has no legal standing aside from their relationship with the HO. The insurance policy is the contract between the HO and the Insurance Company. Contractors should tread carefully to avoid misrepresenting themselves as PA's or Attorneys.

A user likes this :
CatContractor (Fri May 10, 2013 6:50 am)
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:05 pm 

I don't worry about any of that crap man. The future of Liberty depends on free men living as such, even if the "laws" are bought and sold by special interest lobbies. Do what is right, no more, no less. In this case, the right thing to do is fight for homeowners who lack the knowledge and skill to fight for themselves. Luckily? I live in Georgia, and I still get to chuckle at any adjuster who accuses me of "public adjusting without a license" or "negotiating for the insured."

A user likes this :
CatContractor (Sat May 04, 2013 12:10 am)